WhatsApp has limits for sending messages to users based on a tier system:
- Tier 1: Allows you to send messages to 1,000 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period.
- Tier 2: Allows you to send messages to 10,000 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period.
- Tier 3: Allows you to send messages to 100,000 unique customers in a rolling 24-hour period.
Every account starts in Tier 1 after registering a phone number.
To increase your tier, you need to meet the following conditions:
- Keep your quality score above medium.
- Send 2x the number of messages your current daily limit within the last 7 days.
Let's consider an example. Imagine that you're currently in tier 1 with a limit of 1,000 unique recipients per 24 hours. If you send a message to more than 2,000 recipients in 7 days, and you have a good reputation, then you will automatically be upgraded to tier 2 and can send messages to up to 10,000 unique users per 24 hour period.
Once an account reaches this threshold, it will be moved to the next tier. It will take at least 48 hours to be able to move to the next tier. To do so, you will need to send your daily limit of messages consecutively for two days at a minimum.
Recommendations to maintain high quality:
- Create messages in accordance with the WhatsApp Business policy.
- Only send messages to opt-in users for each template topic in accordance with WhatsApp's policy.
- Personalize messages and provide useful, meaningful information to the user.
- Keep track of your message frequency, do not send too many messages to the same user in a single day.
Last Updated: 06.05.2021