Direct response advertising is a short-term strategy that entices leads to take immediate action. Its main goal is to convert a lead into a client, and hence, drive sales.
Direct response advertising is a concept that is opposite to branding. While both approaches are aimed at promoting a brand, there is a key difference between them. Branding is a long-term strategy that implies investing money into several techniques to establish brand awareness. Direct response advertising is a short-term strategy that enables marketers to drive as many conversions as possible with the help of a single marketing campaign.
Let’s take a closer look at the advantages of a direct response ad.
Benefits of direct response advertising
This marketing strategy allows companies to reap several benefits.
- Powerful lead generation. Brands that strive to bring in a lot of new leads as soon as possible opt for direct response ads. They create high-converting landing pages, enticing lead magnets, and targeted ads on social media.
- Quick revenue growth. Quick decision-making means moving leads down the sales funnel faster. You should ensure that your users are qualified enough to make a purchase to enjoy this benefit. The more they know about your products, the more chances you have to close a deal. Thus, this strategy is especially popular among marketers who drive clients back to their abandoned shopping carts, offer customers to buy their favorite items at a reduced price, and inform them about the products that are back in stock. Email marketing is an excellent choice in this situation.
- Segmentation opportunities. You can target your direct response ads to specific market segments for better performance. This way, you can communicate your offer to the warm leads who are likely to buy from you. SendPulse allows you to segment your subscribers based on their gender, location, age, occupation, and activities.
- Easily traceable results. It’s easy to measure the conversions of each advertising campaign. You can monitor the number of users who filled out your subscription form, followed a link from an email campaign or web push notification, and clicked on your banner. This will help you identify the most profitable advertising media for your business.
Direct response advertising has a lot of advantages that can help you bring high revenue. Send promotional email campaigns with SendPulse for free. Segment your mailing list and track results immediately with the help of reports. You don’t need any special skills or HTML knowledge.
Now that you know the benefits you can reap with direct response advertising, let’s have a look at some examples.
Examples of direct response advertising
In this section, we’ll share several examples of direct response ads that make users take action. Check them out to see what benefits they can bring.
Below is a behavioral email triggered by an abandoned shopping cart. Patagonia’s team reminds their client about an item left in the cart, states its price right in the email, informs about two-day free shipping, provides an option to contact their support team, and offers to complete the order right away.
TopShop’s team uses Instagram Stories in their marketing strategy. They share news about new arrivals in Stories and enable their customers to check them by including a swipe-up link to their site.
Below is an example of display ads. The festival is promoted in a California-based newspaper, and hence, is targeted at Californians.
Now you have some examples of effective direct response advertising at hand and know about its benefits. Choose the best media for your business or create a killer promotion mix for better performance. With SendPulse tools, you can communicate your message to the target audience for free, enabling you to start right now.
- This article explains how to maximize the impact of direct response advertising.
- This article uncovers the main elements of direct response ads and offers some tips to follow.
- This article provides seven direct response marketing techniques to drive action.
Last Updated: 08.10.2021