Business email – is a method of business communication, which plays an essential role in establishing relationships with colleagues, partners, and sponsors. To save your time, register with SendPulse, and send emails for free.
The lecturer from Mad English TV covers the subject of a business email, providing useful tips on how to write professionally.
If written correctly, it will help you to create a good image for your company. Today, sending business email is a widespread practice since it is impossible to imagine a worldwide business process; business email lets you contact subscribers who live in every timezone.
People all over the world are different, but still, there are some rules to follow if you want to be professional.
Tips for Creating a Business Email
- Formal style. Formal style aims to reach an agreement, that is necessary for business. Be concise, accurate, and avoid clichés.
- Language. International business emails should be written in a global language (English). If business communication is held within the same country, your national language should be used.
- Subject line. It must be formulated in a short, clear, and precise style as people get lots of emails every day and don’t have unlimited time. Don’t write long compound sentences. Make sure that the subject line will be readily understood, especially in case the language you use is not a native one for a recipient. If your email is critical, use a word URGENT at the beginning of the subject line.
With these tips in mind, you'll communicate correctly. To put these tasks on autopilot, make use of email services. They provide pre-designed templates and personalization instruments.
Put email sending on autopilot!
You can send 15,000 emails to less than 500 subscribers monthly for free. Make use of ready-made templates, flexible email editor, and a bunch of useful tools.
If you write to a person you are not acquainted with, use the following phrases:
- Dear Sir/Madam,
- Dear Mr/Miss/Mrs (surname),
- To whom it may concern.
If you email a person you know, use these greetings:
- Dear (name),
- Hello (name),
After that, specify the purpose of your email:
- I am writing to you regarding…
- My name is …, I am (position held) at (company), and I am writing to you concerning…
State the purpose clearly, accurately, value your recipient’s time.
If you are answering an email, be polite, and give thanks to the recipient before stating the purpose:
- Thank you for your reply
- Thank you for contacting (company name)
- Paragraphing. Use paragraphs to make the text easy-to-read, place accents on essential points, ideas.
- Questions and essential information. If you want to ask something, make your question visible. Write it close to the beginning, as nobody will scan your email.
- Don’t use contracted forms. They are not appropriate in business communications. For example, NO I’m – I am, NO won’t – will not.
- Be official. Don’t try to joke, as some of your jokes may not be understood correctly in different countries.
Be polite and accentuate that you a looking for the answer or thank the recipient for attention:
- I am looking forward to hearing from you soon
- Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions
- Thank you for your time and attention
- Best regards
- Best wishes
- Sincerely yours
💙 Can I send business emails with SendPulse?
Yes, you can. SendPulse allows you to send up to 15,000 emails to 500 subscribers monthly at no cost. Feel free to register and send free business emails with ease.
💳 How much does business email sending cost?
With SendPulse, you can send up to 15,000 business emails to 500 recipients monthly at no cost. If you need to send more emails to a larger audience, choose a paid plan that fits your business.
📅 Can I schedule my business emails?
📌 Where do I get business email templates?
With SendPulse, you have three options that require no HTML knowledge. Choose one of our free pre-designed email templates, or create a customized email template yourself with this guide. The third option is using our Chrome extension that allows you to save emails from other brands as your own templates right to your SendPulse account. All three options are free with SendPulse, so register and give it a try.
Last Updated: 19.03.2021