Closed-loop marketing is a strategy that implies gathering and analyzing information and insights about customers and distributing them to sales and marketing teams. It’s used to create targeted content for different audience segments, develop quality marketing campaigns, and reach better ROI.
The development of online companies forces marketers to search for new methods and approaches to make these businesses thrive and prosper. The marketing strategy we are going to discuss is about making your company more beneficial. With a well-prepared strategy, you can obtain quality leads, increase conversion rates and profit margins.
In the video below, you’ll obtain a clear explanation of this marketing strategy from Sprocket Talk.
In this article, we’ll discuss the perks of closed-loop marketing and review several steps to implement it.
Benefits of Closed-Loop Marketing
Nowadays when consumers can choose among a huge number of companies with great offers, all businesses around the world prefer to leverage inbound marketing. The process involves sales and marketing teams working together to collect information about their leads. They establish the main sources of their prospects and channel all their efforts in the right direction to increase the number of customers.
Marketers then use the gathered data and insights to develop campaigns relevant to these users. Thus, companies can analyze customer behaviors and reach out to their target audiences. With this strategy, firms take into account consumer needs and preferences to improve customer experience.
The cooperation between marketing and sales teams allows brands to resonate with customer’s wants and address them. As a result, a brand can easily close the deal. Companies that use this strategy witness a significant increase in conversion rates, profit margins, and qualified leads. Having complete information enables entrepreneurs to find the most effective platforms for communication with potential clients.
The advantages are clear now, so let’s walk you through the four key steps.
4 Steps of Closed-Loop Marketing
- Identify your site users
- Explore the interests of your visitors
- Create a customer database
- Manage relationships with your customers
The strategy can be boiled down to four steps. Now it’s time to review each step in detail.
- Identify your site users. Today, it’s difficult to imagine a company without a website. It’s necessary to convey an important message and bring value. A good site contains content to not only sell but also communicate new useful information. So, if you don’t have a website yet, go to SendPulse and create a professional landing page or an online store in just 15 minutes. Over time, high-quality sites with blog posts, articles, and educational videos drive traffic. To understand leads that come from different sources, companies often apply tools like Google Analytics, Moz Keyword Explorer, Bitly, and more. They provide website owners with insights about visitor’s location, sources, visited pages, time spent on each page, etc. As a result, you’ll know the key sources of traffic, the most visited pages, and content visitors don’t need.
- Explore the interests of your visitors. Once you create a list of visitors, divide them into groups based on interests. Some of the users will be just visitors and others — your potential clients. Most of the time, visitors come to your business from blogs, pre-roll ads, social media channels, pay-per-click ads, and other marketing tools. If there are people interested in your company, they will let you know. People who want to continue exploring your business will subscribe to your email newsletter.
- Create a customer database. Now when you have a list of potential clients, it’s worth mentioning that you need a database. The best option is to use a CRM system. It will help you collect all the information about your customers. As a result, you’ll be able to make quality marketing campaigns, build trust and brand loyalty, and ultimately generate more sales. Use SendPulse to create a professional CRM database. Our service is ready to store the information about your customers and ensure communication with your clients.
- Manage relationships with your customers. The final step is to build strong relationships with clients and ensure collaboration between the most critical teams — marketing, sales, and customer support departments. There are plenty of marketing tools you can use to build good customer relationships: email newsletters, consistency, rewards for loyalty, posts on social media, giveaways, etc.
To effectively leverage the strategy, you need to provide smooth communication between sales and marketing teams. Today, when you can encounter dozens of software solutions, it’s no problem to connect your team members. For your convenience, consider using CRM, email, social media, and other marketing channels. SendPulse offers you a great chance to ensure communication with your clients and automate sales processes with free CRM.
- This article defines the term, explains how closed-loop marketing works, and covers the benefits of this strategy.
- This article covers the types of customers companies can reach with closed-loop marketing and what businesses employ the strategy.
- In this article, readers can explore how the strategy works and the advantages of closed-loop marketing.
Last Updated: 30.08.2021