An event confirmation email is a message sent to a user to confirm their registration for an event. It reassures attendees that their registration was received, confirms registration details, and gives essential information about the event.
Marketers send event confirmation emails immediately after a user completes the registration for an event. These emails contribute to building customer loyalty since they verify the registration, provide directions for the next step, and keep the attendees informed. Also, brands don’t have to spend much time creating an event confirmation campaign or managing contacts — they can rely on marketing automation services.
Why are event confirmation emails important?
Confirmation emails are important to the event registration process because they:
- Inform attendees about important details regarding the event: date, time, place, program.
- Confirm successful payment for the event: if the event is a paid one, the email acts as the payment confirmation and receipt.
- Allow recipients to opt-in for updates, newsletters, and future events: this email is an excellent chance to increase customer engagement by striking the iron while it’s hot.
- Promote referral programs: if the business or event organizers have a referral program, this is a great way to promote it and increase brand outreach.
How to Write an Event Confirmation Email
- Write short but valuable emails
- Include appropriate images
- Use effective CTAs
- Provide attendees with extra help
A confirmation email should be brief but informative and bring value to your subscribers. Follow the tips below:
- Write short but valuable emails. Less is more. Stay away from being too wordy about your event. Include the information which is essential for your attendees like date, time, venues, and the overall purpose of the event.
- Include appropriate images. They will not only make your email more attractive but prove that an event is worth visiting. Tempt subscribers with the photos from the previous meetings or unveil the mystery of your future events.
- Use effective CTAs. An Effective CTA is one that directly says what a user needs to do. It should relate to the email you’ve sent. Again, allow users to get acquainted with the full program of the event via the CTA button.
- Provide attendees with extra help. Since your event may be attended by people from other cities and even countries, they will be interested in transportation, places to visit, and hotels. Don’t leave them alone — at least, you can provide useful links regarding these issues in your email.
How to Send an Event Confirmation Email with SendPulse
You can easily set up an event confirmation email using Automation 360. Our service will send an email campaign after a user performs the specified action. In this case, that is the “Special Date” event. The automation starts on a particular date mentioned on the mailing list that the attendee joins. Follow this step-by-step guide to send an event confirmation email.
Event Confirmation Email Examples
Here is a webinar registration confirmation email from Fairygodboss. It answers all the possible questions a user may have.
This Eventbrite confirmation email invites young people under 35 to their meeting. It aims to discuss issues affecting youth and empower them. The brand lets people contact the organizer if any questions occur.
An email confirming registration to attend a UK university fair.
Event Confirmation Email Best Practices
To conclude, here are the essential things to pay attention to when crafting event confirmation emails:
- Use segmentation to ensure an individual approach for every attendee. National and international events must provide people with the best experience.
- Use marketing automation services to send event confirmation emails and reminders, automatically, after a user performs a particular action.
- Invite attendees to your social media profiles. This way, they will find out more about your brand, communicate with the organizers and other attendees, and check photos from previous events. Just offer a chance to join your company on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Add the email address and the phone number of a person responsible for the organization so that an attendee can ask for help at any time.
Last Updated: 19.03.2021