An event invitation email is an email that is sent to the subscribers to announce an upcoming event like a webinar, conference, presentation, etc., and convince people that it is worth visiting.
Why are event invitation emails important?
- Informs people efficiently
- Enables wide outreach
- Gives opportunity for personalization
- Leaves room for creativity
- Informs people efficiently. An event invitation email is remarkably efficient in terms of letting people know about upcoming events. Think of it as an online equivalent of an invitation by mail, with the only difference: email invitations are much cheaper, faster, and easier to produce. Besides, it gives you an idea of how many people are going to visit.
- Enables wide outreach. It is possible to send event invitation emails to thousands of people all around the globe in one click.
- Gives opportunity for personalization. If there is data like a subscriber’s name, location, gender, etc., there is a wide range of personalization options. Personalized event invitation emails are more likely to kindle the audience’s interest.
- Leaves room for creativity. This “genre” of the email puts no boundaries on your imagination. The brand chooses the style of an event invitation email based on the tastes and preferences of their audience. The success of an email campaign depends on how well the company knows its clients.
How to Create an Event Invitation Email
- Decide upon a style and tone
- Create an eye-catching subject line
- Come up with a well-thought-out design
- Write a solid copy
- Put a strong CTA
- Add signature in the footer
- Decide upon a style and tone. Plan how your message will sound, formal or friendly. The choice varies from event to event and depends on the style of your brand.
- Create an eye-catching subject line. It is an essential element of any email. The quality of a subject line determines whether the subscribers will open it or not. A subject line should inform recipients about the content inside the email and intrigue at the same time to achieve a high open-rate.
- Come up with a well-thought-out design. Usually, email invitations have a simple look so readers can digest the information quickly. Make a meaningful design where every element serves its purpose. It is convenient to create emails in a drag-and-drop editor, so try to create event invitation emails with SendPulse. For a change, you can add a video and GIF to an email. These compelling visuals may increase click-through rates if used correctly.
- Write a solid copy. Make sure that the text in the event invitation email gives recipients a clear picture of what is going to happen, when, and where. If you invite them to participate in a webinar, write about the speakers and which topics they are going to cover. If there’s a conference, provide the readers with a full schedule, including coffee breaks and brief info about the speakers, too.
- Put a strong CTA. A call-to-action tells the recipients about the next step. It should be visible and contrast to the background.
- Add signature in the footer. End up your event invitation email with a full sender's name, address, and links to social networks. This way, your message looks more serious and personal.
Event Invitation Email Tips
- Make the invitation brief and straightforward
- Ensure it is valuable and relevant
- Plan ahead
- Push creativity to its’ limit
- Use a personalized approach
- Make the invitation brief and straightforward. Say what is going to happen, why it is worth attending, and what should recipients do to join.
- Ensure it is valuable and relevant. Send invitation emails to an appropriate audience; make sure it is exciting and helpful for your subscribers. Use segmentation to target your invitations and content better.
- Plan ahead. It’s okay to create a sense of urgency, but it should sound suggesting, not demanding. Bear in mind: people need some time to decide whether to attend or not.
- Push creativity to its’ limit. An event invitation email should correspond to your brand’s identity, while you need to come up with something original to attract people’s attention to your event. Add a video where a real person makes an invitation. Put a GIF in your email. Be minimalistic and add only a company logo and plain text. Try to surprise your audience in a good way and think outside the box.
- Use a personalized approach. Implement personalization in your event invitation emails. It’s a powerful tool for raising open and click-through rates. A personalized approach builds trust in your subscribers.
Event invitation email examples
Kate Spade. They invite in stores to buy some leopard style things and enjoy free temporary tattoos, nail stickers, and other treats.
Theater at Ace Hotel. They invite to book tickets for concerts and shows.
Mac. They invite recipients for a complimentary 15-minute appointment to experience the new spring collection.
Creating and sending an event invitation campaign in SendPulse won't take you much time. If you haven't sent an email yet, follow this step-by-step guide.
💙 Can I send event invitation emails with SendPulse?
Yes. Register with SendPulse, set up an event that will trigger your email in Automation 360, and create an automation flow. SendPulse allows you to send 15,000 automated emails to up to 500 subscribers monthly at no charge.
🤔 How do I personalize an event invitation email?
Start by adding the subscriber’s name to the subject line. This simple technique brings a 21% open rate on average compared with regular emails that have an open rate around 14%. Use segmentation to send highly-personalized event invitation emails based on users’ age, gender, location, and other demographics. Register with SendPulse to send event invitation emails to up to 500 recipients for free.
⏲️ How soon before an event should I send an email invitation?
The larger your event is, the earlier you should start to promote it. It’s okay to send a sequence of messages in this case. Disclose more details about the event in every other email. Say more about speakers and emphasize the value your subscribers will get if they attend your webinar or conference. Register with SendPulse and send event invitation emails to up to 500 recipients monthly free of charge.
✒️ How should I write a subject line for my event invitation email?
Make it easy to understand that your email is an invitation. If any well-known experts in your field are going to speak at your event, mention their names to encourage more opens. Personalized subject lines are also an efficient technique to boost user engagement and open rates.
Last Updated: 22.03.2023
Sign up withSign in with Facebook Sign in with Google