Sales networking is a marketing technique that enables you to establish new connections with prospects and encourage interactions with existing clients. The approach focuses on finding people who meet your ideal customer profile or those who can recommend your brand to potential customers. Sales networking allows you to generate quality leads.
In this article, we’ll uncover why networking is essential in sales and how to create it.
Why is networking important in sales?
Sales networking focuses on establishing trusting relationships with prospects by conveying information about your company and encouraging potential clients to become customers. Good relationships with prospective customers enable you to provide and receive benefits from this communication. Besides constant interactions with leads, you also pay attention to your current consumers as well. To improve relationships with existing consumers, brands launch referral programs. They bring attractive offers to your clients and encourage them to recommend your company to friends. As a result, your customer base expands.
There are even more pros you can expect from sales networking. Let’s review three benefits you can reap after building networking in sales.
- Sales networking helps improve connections. Sales networking is about building new relationships and strengthening existing ones. You don't necessarily have to reach dozens of potential clients every day to expand your customer base. Consider maintaining contact with the right people through events, webinars, meetups, and email campaigns. If your current customers are satisfied with your product and the value you provide, they can recommend your brand to their friends. This is how sales networking and word-of-mouth marketing work. By improving connections, you contribute to the increase of clients in your customer base.
- Sales networking encourages referrals. As we’ve mentioned previously, events, webinars, and meetups enable you to generate leads and win new consumers. Company owners can get new ideas for business expansion and areas where they can improve. By sharing, you can identify the gaps you still have in your business and eliminate them.
- Sales networking enables sharing and receiving valuable insights. When you join meetings to discuss your business experience and knowledge, you can share your valuable insights and listen to information from business owners in the same niche. It allows you to get information on expanding your business, going international, or improving the strategy to generate prospects.
Now that you know the importance of networking in sales, it’s time to learn how to build a sales network. It will help you do it for your brand and reach specific business goals.
How to build a sales network?
Since establishing a customer base is essential for every business, there’s a huge necessity to find out how to create a sales network. In this section, we’ll tell you how to do it step by step.
- Search for ways and mediums to reach potential clients. Before creating an account on Instagram, conduct research. You need to identify the platforms your customers and prospects usually use. Look through your ideal customer profile to figure this out. Once you identify the social network, develop a marketing strategy. When reaching specific individuals on social media, you need to analyze their accounts first. For instance, you want to reach a company’s manager via LinkedIn. Before sending an email or reaching right through the platform, find out whether this person is active on this social network. It will help you make sure that this manager will see your invitation or message and react to it. This will be the perfect moment to start a conversation and discuss your product.
- Join events. Accepting invitations to various events is essential to attain new customers, increase sales, and improve revenue. Besides joining trade shows, exhibitions, sharing sessions, webinars, and presentations related to sales, consider visiting spontaneous events. These events should be related to your industry. Although they can’t guarantee a deal, these meetings can still bring you to people who will contribute to your business' success. These can be business partners, future customers, or influencers. These people can help you boost future sales and improve your sales strategy's effectiveness.
- Share your expertise on social media. Since social media occupies most people’s free time, you should take care of your account. Making it visible to your customers and prospects increases your chances of bringing in new clients and sales. To gain exposure, you need to be active on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, or TikTok. Your chosen channel depends on your target audience's preferences and age group. Share your expertise with followers through stories, photos, and video posts. If you want to gain extra exposure, consider buying paid ads. This way, you’ll be able to communicate the message to people who search for similar products.
- Nurture your new leads. After getting new prospects, nurture them with various forms of interaction. You can send event follow-up emails, contact them via chatbots, or make phone calls based on their preferences. Some people like to be updated on new arrivals, discounts, and promos via email, while others prefer chatbots.
Congrats, now you know the advantages of a sales network and how to build one for your business. With SendPulse’s bulk email service, you can effectively reach prospects through email campaigns to send invitations, establish trusting relationships, or inform about referral programs.
Last Updated: 22.03.2023